Through funding from the South Australian Grain Industry Trust (SAGIT) Fund, as part of project SPAA115, we are thrilled to launch this new factsheet.
“Nitrogen Sensing” looks at and discusses:
– Nitrogen application decisions
– The relationship between NDVI and plant nitrogen content
– NDVI sensors
– Crop sensor calibration test strips
– Variable rate application and
– Combining NDVI and yield monitor data to identify other constraints to production.
It also features a case study on Kym and Katie I’Anson from Marrabel, SA, looking at the benefits that biomass sensing and variable rate nitrogen applications have had on their soils and thus their oaten hay and canola enterprise.