PRECISION AGRICULTURE IN ALMONDS AND VITICULTURE
Event Date: 3rd November 2017
SPAA is excited to return to the Riverland and host the PRECISION AGRICULTURE IN ALMONDS and VITICULTURE Workshop
When: Friday 3rd november 2017
Where @ LOXTON RESEARCH CENTRE
Time: FROM 9.00AM wiht event proceedings at 9:15am
Join our team of experts to learn how Precision Agriculture can improve your almond and viticulture production.
- Rob Bramley, CSIRO on Precision Viticulture technology and usage
- FREE ETo forecasting services explained by SAMDB NRM Board
- Remote sensing in tree crops: work happening in the Riverland, explained by Andrew Robson from Uni of New England
- Monitoring vineyard water and nitrogen from the air, Vinay Pagay of Adelaide Uni describes the work he is doing in the Riverland
- Is your crop stressed? Mark Skewes from SARDI explains measurement with hand held & UAV mounted devices
- Rob Wheatly from Olam Orchards describes how his company is using precision agriculture
Demo of emerging PA services (SWAN systems and Xaircraft UAV)
This is a must-attend FREE event aimed at all viticulturists and horticulturists, consultants and advisors.
Click here for our event program http://www.spaa.com.au/pdf/513_Riverland_PA_Workshop_ProgramFINAL.pdf
This event is supported by the SA Murray-Darling Basin Natural Resources Management Board through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Programme and the NRM Levies along with our collaborating partners include Almond Board of Australia, Riverland Wine & the Riverland Vititech Committee and sponsorship by Swan Systems & Xaircraft.